Experts on hand, no call out charges and FREE personalised quotes
Twist Of Silver are Gas Safe Registered Engineers
You are in safe hands with Twist Of Silver Gas Safe registered engineers, qualified to safely and expertly install, repair and service your gas, central heating, and boiler systems. All our engineers are on the Gas Safe Register, an official list of gas engineers qualified to work safely and legally on all gas appliances.
Gas and heating services we offer;
- Appliance installation, servicing and repairs
- Boiler fault-finding, installs, servicing and repairs
- Central heating controls, pumps, installations and repairs
- Gas repairs, testing and safety certificates
- Immersion heaters and tanks
- Landlord gas safety certificates and checks
- Radiator bleeding, leaks, installs and repairs
- Thermostats and thermostatic valves
- Power flushes
- Vented and unvented cylinders
Gas Safety Checks
Are you a landlord? Do you require a gas safety check in your home? Our professional (Area)-based Gas Safe registered engineers are happy to provide you with gas safety testing and certification that meet the legal requirements.
Did you know that gas safety checks are required for;
- Housing associations
- Local authorities
- Bed & Breakfasts
- Boarding schools
Yearly checks with a qualified professional are highly recommended, and mandatory in certain cases, to reduce the risk of serious gas incidents. Neglected and poorly maintained gas appliances put you and others in your home or business at risk of gas leaks, explosions, fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
What happens during a gas safety check?
Our friendly team of Gas Safe registered engineers will inspect all your gas appliances are functioning safely. A gas safety check should only be completed by a registered engineer and by law, and include the following;
- All gas appliances are correctly installed, secure and burning correctly
- Clear and correctly sized ventilation routes are functioning,
- The correct appliance is installed for the appropriate room
- All safety devices are functioning properly
Appliance servicing includes all checks listed above, plus a more detailed inspection and test of appliances, including;
- Appliances’ seals and gaskets for signs of distress
- Analysis of combustion exhaust gases
How do I know there is a problem?
For your safety and wellbeing, please do not wait till there is a major problem for a gas safety check, because there are warning signs you can be aware of and recognise. ALL the signs below are faults, call Twist Of Silver as soon as possible if you notice;
- The gas appliance has stopped working properly
- Black or brown marks have begun to appear on or around the appliance
- A wispy yellow flame has appeared instead of a sharp blue flame
- The boiler pilot light regularly goes off
- Your windows have increased condensation
What do I do next?
Ideally, refer to the manufacturer’s installation instructions to check how often a service is recommended. If you can’t find these, book an annual service to rectify the issues, creating a consistent record of your gas safety checks.
Even if you do not own your home, gas appliances still need to be checked annually. If you are a tenant, your landlord is responsible for all their gas appliances and are safety checked once a year by law. You are entitled to request a copy of the Landlord’s Gas Safety Record for proof that annual checks have taken place.
If you have any concerns or require a gas safety check, please don’t hesitate to speak to one of our Gas Safe registered engineers.
Call us for a FREE, no obligation quote and book your expert plumber NOW!
Contact us at 07710 854421, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the 'GET A QUOTE' button
Customer service satisfaction is important to us. Most of our work comes through customer referrals and recommendations. We’re proud of the standard of work we deliver, and aspire to be the ‘go-to’ plumbing service in Brighton & Hove